Weddings are worth celebrating. Weddings are events that should highlight the uniqueness of you as a couple while recognizing the sheer wonder of love. Weddings aren’t a time for religious words and dogma, and they’re too important to be impersonal and routine.
When you choose Southminster-Steinhauer United Church to celebrate your marriage, you join us in creating a thoughtful and authentic wedding ceremony that tailors the event to you as a couple. You work with us to create an event that honours the spiritual and sacred nature of your love while focusing on what draws you together to celebrate with your family and friends.
As an affirming community, Southminster-Steinhauer United Church offers services of marriage to committed same-gender and opposite-gender couples in all stages and circumstances of life.
- Most of our celebrations take place within our main gathering hall, but celebrations in other locations like homes, backyards or public buildings are entirely possible and can be arranged with a member of the Ministry Team.
- Marriage celebrations are led by one of the members of our Ministry Team. Other guest ministers or officiants may be considered after consultation with, and at the discretion of the ministry team.
- The process usually requires approximately three meetings:
- an initial consultation to meet a member of the ministry team and discuss the creation process for the celebration.
- a follow-up meeting to arrange details of themes, vows and other components of the celebration.
- a rehearsal involving all the participants in the celebration.
- There are fees for the services of Southminster-Steinhauer United Church. These vary between $400-$1000, depending on the celebration, location and needs. These will be discussed in consultation with a member of the Ministry Team.
- Your booking for a wedding at Southminster-Steinhauer United Church entitles you to access to the Gathering Hall for decorating and rehearsal. The Small Hall can seat 75 and the Large Gathering Hall can seat 350. You may wish to use flowers, candles, and other decorations, in consultation with a member of the Ministry Team.
What’s the First Step?
If you have questions or would like to inquire about availability for your special day, please call our office at 780-435-2028 or contact us by email. A tour of the church can be arranged and an appointment for a consultation with a member of the Ministry Team can be scheduled.
Southminster-Steinhauer United Church will be honored to work with you to create a meaningful and special Wedding Celebration.